Post 1: My News Sources

Top Five News Sources 

When looking for news stories I want a source that I know is credible and reliable. That is why the five news sources I use most are NBC News, Huffington Post, BBC News, People Magazine, and New York Times. 


#1 NBC News 
NBC is the news source I most rely on. When I was in high school my family would watch NBC nightly news every night. To me I really like this source because it gives you national news, the biggest stories going on in the world, and I personally like their style of journalism. I would recommend this source because it is a credible source you know what you are reading or watching is reliable information. You also have access to a wide variety of news stories depending on what you are interested in. 


#2 Huffington Post
Huffington Post is another source that I really rely on for my day to day news. For me this source is very accessible because I have an app on my phone that gives me alerts. This source is also another credible site that you know you can trust. I would recommend this source because it is credible and I think that the layout of their website is very easy to navigate to find the specific story that you are looking for. 


#3 BBC News
BBC News is another main source I like to check for news. Sometimes when looking at news stories I like to read about the same story from different sources to gain different perspectives. Unfortunately as we know today not all sources are unbiased so for me it is important to compare and contrast stories to see all sides. I would recommend this source because it is reliable information that you can trust. 


#4 People Magazine
One thing I really enjoy looking at simply for entertainment is celebrity news. Of course there are hundreds of sources to choose from for celebrity news like TMZ or Entertainment Tonight but I personally like People Magazine. I don't religiously read People Magazine but whenever I see a copy I like to read it to see what is going on in the celebrity world. I would recommend this source to anyone who likes to read about celebrities. I really like the design and layout of the magazine. It is packed full of information, interviews, quotes, and pictures of who was best dressed at an event.   


#5 The New York Times
The last source that I frequently look at is The New York Times. I really love this source because of their style of writing and ease of getting information. Their website is very clearly organized by the type of news you are looking for. I would definitely recommend because it is reliable information but also because it is accessible. I personally do not have a subscription but they do offer student prices so you can stil get the a magazine subscription without having to fork out lots of money each month and you still get all The New York Times has to offer. 





Comments

Popular Posts